Dreams On! Acts On! > Resources

본문 바로가기

Resources

Dreams On! Acts On!

본문

What kind of future do candidates for proportional representation with disabilities dream of?

c7519d6af2c395ad96fb5585321faa1f_1586523773_5142.JPG

The 21st National Assembly election is seven days away.

You may find candidates in colorful outfits like Spring blossom and campaigns around every corner of streets.

With the highest number of party-to-party candidates to do so, and seven parties registering candidates for proportional representation with disabilities, the disgraceful record of proportional representation with disabilities, which has not been in the 20th National Assembly, probably may have been changed.

What will our future be like?

On April 8, the KODAF held a meeting of candidates for proportional representation with disabilities in the 21st National Assembly election under the theme of "Talking about the candidates' political pledges and the future of proportional representation for persons with disabilities."

Introducing candidates for proportional representation of persons with disabilities, members of the National Assembly!

Today, candidates for proportional representation of the six political parties are gathered together.

To explain the candidates' commitments and aspirations and to meet with the heads of DPOs and there are lots of stories that the candidates want to tell and to be heard, but it has been given the opportunity to speak in a limited manner and time ahead of the election.

c7519d6af2c395ad96fb5585321faa1f_1586523878_3446.png 

Why they are running for the election, can you tell us?

·      Candidate Lee Jong-sung (the Future Korea Party) : I am proud of the various people networks with my experience working in the field of disability! We will create a social integration center that encompasses the socially weak.

·      Candidate Choi Hye-young (the Minjoo Civil Party) : My first parliament bill is not alone, but rather a decision through communication, and I will be a member of National Assembly who hears your voice rather than my words.

·      Candidates Bae Bock-Joo (the Justice Party) : I would like to hear the voices of the vulnerable and the minorities. I will challenge the National Assembly for the politics of progress, diversity, and human rights.

·      Candidate Kim Jae-yong (the Minjung Party) : Running for maintaining the existence of a progressive party. The dream of unification for north and south disabled football players will come true.

·      Candidate Jin Yong-woo (the People's Party) : How to look for the socially weak is the task of korea's political development. I will play politics that gives dreams, hopes, and courage to a fair and secure society.

·      Candidate Moon Sang-pil (the Waking Civic Solidarity Party) : I have been communicating with the disabled community throughout the country, and I will hold a briefing at the Eroom Center at least twice a year to find out the needs of PwD.

·      Candidate Kim Ye-ji (the Future Korea Party) also attended with the guide dog Joey, but under the election law, only one panelist from each party could speak. so then,  she said hi to the audience.

c7519d6af2c395ad96fb5585321faa1f_1586524167_788.JPG 

What are the most important disability pledges?

Talking about a variety of challenges for each candidate, but the most important issues were the "improvement of activity support services" and "guaranteeing mobility."

Candidate Choi Hye-young (the Minjoo Civil Party) proposed income security, activity support, labor rights guarantee, and mobility rights based on the establishment of a self-reliant environment. 

Candidates Bae Bock-Joo (the Justice Party) (the Justice Party) were interested in policies that could compensate for the de-facility laws, the enactment of the Disability Rights Protection Act, and the vulnerability of women with developmental disabilities and disabilities.

Candidate Kim Jae-yong (the Minjung Party) promised sign language education for communicating with persons with hearing impairments and ensuring the cost of surgery for internal and institutional disabilities. 

Candidate Jin Yong-woo (the People's Party) was concerned about the issue of health, mobility rights, and the minimum wage for PwD, with the issue of the aging population.

Candidate Moon Sang-pil (the Waking Civic Solidarity Party) proposed the abolition of the age limit for the personal assistance service, identifying the states of most severe PwD, and establishing the National Committee for PwD.

Finally, candidate Lee Jong-sung (the Future Korea Party) pledged to abolish the age limit for the personal assistance service, mandate amenities for small-scale public use facilities, strengthen special transportation, support for epilepsy and mental lysis, and establish a disaster safety system for severe PwD.

c7519d6af2c395ad96fb5585321faa1f_1586524510_5807.JPG

All candidates strongly agreed on mutual communication.

"I will find social minorities and listen to their voices. I am going to build a Tesk Force and build a dedicated team to work out that no one is excluded from the main agenda of the disability community."The candidate Bock-Joo Bae (the Justice Party) said.

In addition, all candidates have pledged to lead and communicate with DPOsCandidate Kim Jae-yong (the People's Party of Korea) and Candidate Choi Hye-young (the Minjoo Civil Party) announced that they would communicate through the Committee for PwD, and candidate Moon Sang-pil (the Waking Civic Solidarity Party) is going to hold  meetings of information twice a year and to set up a YouTube broadcast that makes easily communicate with PwD. Candidate Lee Jong-sung (the Future Korea Party) has said that he will create a structure to check and discuss what that he has mentioned the progress of each sector every quarter at Eroom Center

It seems that Eroom Center will be crowded with members of the National Assembly who want to communicate with PwD and DPOs.

c7519d6af2c395ad96fb5585321faa1f_1586524628_8766.png 

Resources 목록

Korea Differently Abled Federation   |   Address : (07236) 4Floor, E-ROOM Building, 22, Uisadang-daero, Yeongdeungpo-gu, Seoul, Republic of Korea
Tel : +82-2-783-0067   |   Fax : +82-2-783-0069   |   Email : mail@kodaf.kr
Copyrightⓒ 2017 Korea Differently Abled Federation. All Rights Reserved. Supported by PrunIT.