MODU scholarship recipients’ PT > Resources

본문 바로가기

Resources

MODU scholarship recipients’ PT

본문

MODU scholarship recipients’ PT

- Kakao Bank & KODAF held a mid-term presentation for ‘MODU(Make Our Dream Unlimited)’, a career development support project for college students with disabilities majoring in science and engineering major fields.

- MODU scholarship recipients seized the chance to showcase their accomplishments from the first half of the year and strategize for the second half.

On Friday, August 25th, the ‘MODU’ Scholarship Student Build-Up PT, a career development support project for college students with disabilities majoring in science and engineering, was held jointly by Kakao Bank and KODAF at the E-room Hall of the E-room Center.

This event was prepared to reorganize the action plan for the second half of the year by providing individual presentations on career goals and career activities carried out during the first half of the year (May to August), and career mentors providing feedback on activities such as missing elements. The scholarship students produced presentation materials in the following order: desired career paths and career goals, career activity actions/achievement/points of improvement for the first half of the year, and action plans for the second half. They formed three teams of seven people and made presentations in the morning and afternoon.

Hyuksu Lee (4th year, Department of Software, Chungbuk National University), who gave the presentation at the site, set back-end developer as his desired career path, and in order to develop professional skills as a developer, he advanced to the ICPC finals, achieved codeforce mint, achieved a high score in Topcit, and worked as an intern at a large domestic company ( I set my career goal to complete (IT job) completion. “I came right after working at an internship, and it is meaningful because I can vividly share the details of my career activities,” he said. “Thanks to the career activity support scholarship and the communication network between scholarship students, I was able to achieve more than half of my career goals, and I am expected to achieve my career goals in the second half of the year as well.” “We will continue to work hard to achieve this,” he said of his future plans.

Ms. Yeji Kim (1st year, Department of Life Systems, Sookmyung Women's University) Dreams of contributing to the treatment of incurable diseases related to artificial organs and stem cells or becoming a researcher working in the Forensic Genetics Department at the National Institute of Forensic Science, Artificial Organs, Bio-Organs, Forensic Genetics (Genetics Department) Participation in related external activities and completion of Python basic education lectures and activities were set as career goals. “I was busy adjusting to the first semester of my freshman year, but interacting with scholarship students and sharing activity news motivated me to continue to carry out activities,” She said. “I established an action plan for the second half of the year focusing on the action plan that I could not implement in the first half of the year to do my best to achieve my career goals.” “I will do my best,” he said, expressing his ambition.

Mentor Kim Beom-jun (evaluator, Vocational Competency Evaluation Department, Korea Employment Agency for PwD), who inspected the scholarship students’ career activity performance in the first half of the year, said, “I was surprised that the scholarship students did so many activities even though the activity period in the first half was not that long,” and “Everyone was excited about career activities and future employment.” “As there is a lot of interest, we will continue to provide information related to recruitment, such as job camps and recruitment briefing sessions,” he said.

Mentor Kang Kyeong-sook (Professor of Secondary Special Education, Wonkwang University) said, “After listening to the scholarship students’ presentations, I was convinced that they would become leaders who will lead our country and the best experts in their respective fields.” She added, “I am still in my 20s, so I have no idea what I can contribute to society while living the life of my dreams.” “I hope you think about whether you can do it,” he said, raising his voice of support. Mentor Byeong-Hee Byeong expressed her expectations, saying, “If you incorporate the difference of disability into your identity, you will be able to function as more of yourself. Also said that I believe that if scholarship recipients get to know themselves better, they will achieve remarkable growth in the future.” 

After the Build-Up PT, scholarship students will begin career activities in the second half of the year and participate in career mentoring. For the purpose of resolving career concerns of scholarship students, a mentor group composed of experts in each field and practitioners from collaborating organizations will provide online mentoring a total of three times from September to October. We hope to receive generous interest and support from MODU scholarship students who will be more active in their career activities before ‘Rank-Up PT’ in November, where career achievements are shared and certified.

Resources 목록

Korea Differently Abled Federation   |   Address : (07236) 4Floor, E-ROOM Building, 22, Uisadang-daero, Yeongdeungpo-gu, Seoul, Republic of Korea
Tel : +82-2-783-0067   |   Fax : +82-2-783-0069   |   Email : mail@kodaf.kr
Copyrightⓒ 2017 Korea Differently Abled Federation. All Rights Reserved. Supported by PrunIT.